Thursday, August 23, 2012

An Answer to the Question I Asked ...

... On Halloween, 6 years ago. I still have this blog because I think on some level I knew the day would come when I wanted to blog again. And that day is today.

It has been 6 years, and in the interim I have had a second child, moved to Peru, blogged for over a year in Peru (at http://www.inthewhitecity.blogspot.ca/), gone to law school, clerked at the BC Supreme Court, and become a lawyer. I have removed most of the old posts from this blog, because in looking back, many of them served only to express a fleeting thought that had no lasting value. Or they were sufficiently personal that, although I'm glad to have written them down, I no longer want them to be part of this blog. I have kept a few old posts, even though my perspective may have changed, and my writing style evolved, simply as a tie to the past.

But when I was keeping the blog in its original form, I was a pregnant stay-at-home mother who had been out of school for some time. Now I am a lawyer, and a working mother, and my purpose in writing and my expected audience have shifted. Thus, what went before is not indicative of what is to come. I do keep another blog in which to share my children's insights and observations, which are often quite humourous, and that can be found here: http://youshouldwritethisstuffdown.blogspot.ca/

I hope I will have the energy and the focus to make what goes into this blog, going forward, interesting, engaging, and useful.

No comments: